Heavy Hex Bolt Supplier introduces the classification of hexagon nuts:
1. According to the nominal thickness, the hexagonal nuts are divided into three types: I type, II type, and thin type. Nuts above grade 8 are divided into two types: Type 1 and Type II. Type I hexagonal nuts are widely used. Type 1 nuts are divided into three levels: A, B, and C. Among them, A and B nuts are suitable for machines, equipment, and structures with small surface roughness and high precision requirements, while C Grade nuts are used for machines, equipment, or structures with rough surfaces and low precision requirements; Type 2 hexagon nuts have a thicker thickness and are mostly used in occasions where assembly and disassembly are often required.
Type 1 nuts refer to ordinary hexagon nuts with a nominal nut height of m≥0.8D, and their type and size should meet the requirements of GB/T6170; while the height of type 2 nuts is higher than that of type 1, and their type dimensions should conform to GB/T6170. T6175.
The purpose of adding type 2 nuts is twofold: one is to obtain a relatively inexpensive nut that does not require heat treatment by increasing the height of the nut. Because D≤M16 type 8 type 1 nuts do not need heat treatment, among the type 8 nuts, only the specifications of D>M16~39 can use type 2 nuts. Obviously, type 1 nuts that do not require heat treatment cannot reach the level of 9 nuts. Mechanical performance requirements. Another purpose of specifying the type 2 nut is to obtain a grade 12 nut with better toughness. As the height of the nut increases, the guaranteed stress index can be achieved at a lower quenching and tempering hardness, so the toughness of the nut is increased.
2. Classified by tooth distance: standard teeth, regular teeth, fine teeth, very fine teeth, and reverse teeth.
3. Classified by material: stainless steel hexagonal nuts, carbon steel hexagonal nuts, copper hexagonal nuts, iron hexagonal nuts.
4. Classified by thickness: hexagonal thick nuts and hexagonal thin nuts.
5. According to the method of use: hot-melt copper nuts, hot-pressed copper nuts, embedded copper nuts, and ultrasonic copper nuts.