At present, Heavy Hex Bolt is mainly made of carbon steel, stainless steel, and copper on the market.
(1) Carbon steel. We distinguish low carbon steel, medium carbon steel, high carbon steel, and alloy steel by the content of carbon in carbon steel material.
1. Low carbon steel C%≤0.25% is usually called A3 steel in China. Foreign countries are basically called 1008, 1015, 1018, 1022, etc. Mainly used for grade 4.8 bolts, grade 4 nuts, small screws, and other products without hardness requirements (Note: Drill tail screws are mainly made of 1022 material).
2. Medium carbon steel 0.25% 0.45%. It is basically not used on the market.
3. Alloy steel: Add alloying elements to ordinary carbon steel to increase some special properties of steel: such as 35, 40 chromium molybdenum, SCM435, and 10B38. Fangsheng screws mainly use SCM435 chromium molybdenum alloy steel, the main components are C, Si, Mn, P, S, Cr, and Mo.
(2) Stainless steel. Performance grade: 45, 50, 60, 70, 80 Mainly divided into austenite (18%Cr, 8%Ni) with good heat resistance, good corrosion resistance, and good weldability. A1, A2, A4 martensite, and 13% Cr have poor corrosion resistance, high strength, and good wear resistance. C1, C2, and C4 ferritic stainless steels. 18%Cr has better upsetting and corrosion resistance than martensite.
(3) Copper. Commonly used materials are brass-zinc-copper alloys. The market mainly uses H62, H65, and H68 copper as standard parts. Plates used for carbon steel products: No. Types of optional materials 1 Grade 4.8 hexagon screws 1008K 1010 1015K 2 Grade 6.8 hexagon screws.